Friday, August 29, 2008

Wire Wrapping Tutorial: Earrings























I made this tutorial on a lazy day some weeks ago and thought i would share it here.





We will be making these earrings:








These are the things you need:
- Beads of course, I used faceted rectange amethist beads but you can choose what you like best. It's also very cute with swarovski bicones 4 mm
- Sterling Silver head pins, I prefer dot headpins because of their look
- Earring hooks or posts, which ever you prefer.



1. Put a bead on a headpin.




2. Bend the headpin about 2 mm above the bead at a 90° angle.

3. Using Round nose pliers, make have a loop.




4. Finish the loop.



5. Put the round nose pliers in the loop and hold it in place with them. Take the end of the head pin with flat nose pliers and turn it around the rest of the headpin.

6. Voila! Your first finished bead!



7. Repaet steps 1, 2 and 3 on the second bead.



8. Put the loop of the second bead in the loop of the first one.




9. Repeat step 5.

10. Repeat for the third bead and until you think it it full enough. You can switch between making it longer and more filled. Just play around this you like it.









These earrings are made with the same technique
Have fun!




















4 comments:

DZFANTASY said...

Delightful, magical looking earrings!

woolies said...

great tutorial!
(I'm trying to learn how to do this)
so then, how do you link it onto the earwires??
I am so clueless.
:0)

Beauty by Elke said...

I link to the earwires when I added all the beads. I use earwires with an open loop so I can still do that. If that isn't possible because your loop is soldered, than you attach the first bead beafore wrapping the loop.

woolies said...

oh! Thank you!! Now I'm going to print your tutorial!
:0)