Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Apple Crumble

I had a craft fair on saturday where it was really cold and now I'm sick. I'm sitting at home and I just want to eat something sweet. So I thought I could share one of my favourite recipes with you. It's apple crumble and it's great. The first time I ate it was in Disneyland where we got it during a diner show. When I got home I wanted to make one like that immediateley.

I got this recipe from the La cucina website and it goes like this:
- 450 grams of apples in slices or cubes whichever you prefer
- 50 grams of brown sugar
- some cinnamon
- 200 grams of non-salted butter
- 150 grams of regular sugar
- 300 grams of sifted flower

I'm sorry that I only know the measurements in grams, what do you use? Please let me know and if I can find it I will add those measurements too.

1. Preheat the oven at 180° C.
2. Mix the flower with the regular (white) sugar and butter until you got a crumble like dough.
3. Arrange the apple slices or cubes in something you can put in the oven (I'm sorry don't know the english word). Put some connamon over it according to your own taste and some brown sugar.
4. Cover the apples with the dough.
5. Put it in the oven for about 40-45 min.

As you see this is really easy to make. It even taste better with a bit of vanilla ice cream that is slightly melting on top.

No comments: