Saturday, February 14, 2009

Lush Cosmetics

I loooooove bath and beauty products. It's so great to go in bath with a ton of new products to try out in delicious smells. That's why I gather a lot of products. Most of the time I prefer to buy sample sizes. That way I can try something out first but I also don't have to clean out the entire product before trying something new. I like to try lots of different things.

I also love bath and beauty shops. I read a lot about lush lately so now I wanted to try. There are two Lush stores in Belgium but I rarely go to those cities and I didn't want to go just to buy some shampoo or something so I ordered online. Nowadays the British Pound isn't as strong as it used to be so I had an exchange rate advantage when I ordered in the UK so I did.

They were really fast, I ordered on Friday or Saturday evening and paid with visa, Wednesday morning it arrived, nicely and securly wrapped too. Inside there was this smell of something, I openend up the box and it seemed to be filled with popcorn as a protective. Very cute and funny but my products were also covered in small pieces or corn which was not that funny.

One item was missing and for the other one they send me a bath melt instead of the balm in that scent. But I send an email and they said they would send the right items and I could keep the wrong ones. And mistakes can happen of course so I'm happy about the service.

I got Aqua Marina cleanser, it's not milk but more like a blob of cleanser. You take a small piece and mix that with water. But there is seaweed in this product and it smelled like fish. I tried it two times and the smell just horrifies me, I threw this product away.

Next there was this asian style named hair mask (I really cant remember or pronounce the name). It was made with fresh ingredients like avocados and eggs. The smell isnt great, a bit too much cinnamon. I applied it to dry hair, let it rest for 20 minutes and rinsed. The next day my hair was more soft and shiney and I got compliments but it had some more knots as usual.

To solve the knot problem and to make my hair more straight I ordered Jungle. It's a conditioner but in a solid block. I haven't tried it but I will tonight.

I also got Imperialis daycream, the smell is alright. It does take a while to absorb, it's not very fatty but it stays on the skin for about 10 minutes. This is a fine product that I will keep using (at least until I run out of it)

Next there was sakura solid perfume. This is very solid, it is rather hard to get a bit out of it, well enough to smell it. I do like the smell.

Fair trade Foot Lotion was next. Finally a foot lotion that isn't white! It is a very cute pink. It does smell like peppermint and spearmint, I guess almost every foot lotion does that.

The other two products where a kind of balm with lavender that makes you sleep good and a tablet to put in hot water to steam your skin above and then use as toner. These are the products they will send me later.

I also like the fact that when you return 5 of their packages you get a free mask. Isn't that nice?

No comments: